8 Bit Cathedral 8 Bit Cathedral

I think this sounds absolutely wonderful. It's so complex and atmospheric. The melodies are unpredictable, but not random or lazy. The timbre of the whole piece is really tinny-sounding, but because there aren't too many layers of instruments, it sets a mood instead of being overwhelming (but if this piece were developed more, I would try to reduce this). I love the growling beast that shows up towards the end of each loop.

Memories of "Those Times" Memories of "Those Times"

It's mostly an improvised chord progression (and you obviously have a good ear for it!), with some melodic moments that feel more like harmonic accompaniments than parts of an actual melody. I think you should write a tune to go with this when you develop it. (Don't cheat and just do arpeggios!)

MrKimchi1 responds:

Thank you so much for the feedback! That's actually a reason why I really wanted to make a Orchestra version since I feel like the instruments in a Orchestra would really compliment each other. I rarely use a Arpeggiator unless I feel like it suits the song, in this case I don't feel like it would really fit with what I'm trying to achieve or present with this song.

Harmony Harmony

I'm going to say that the drums sound ugly but the tune is so good.

LunarSpartan responds:

Thanks!

Boppy Tune Boppy Tune

I want to play this game!

A Lost Love A Lost Love

11 -- 11 -- 11 -- 11 -- 11 -- 11 -- 12-4
The 12 note is perfectly timed, you delay it just enough to make an impact. It seems so obvious but the whole piece is subtle and polished like this, every note works...

TheMightyApple responds:

Thank you really much, i'm flattered ^^

pvzzle pvzzle

Oh damn I was instantly reminded of Proem by the opening. This whole thing is so much more skillful than anything that's normally put on Newgrounds.

Desire Drive (Mid-Boss Remix) Desire Drive (Mid-Boss Remix)

It really sounds polished, almost sterile especially due to the drums, but the rest of the instruments rescue it. Touhou has some really great remixes, the best I think are made by a Japanese producer called Joyh-TV, but usually they're more minimalist than this.

Starfalls Starfalls

I love the pads that occur at 1:45 because they make a totally unexpected melody which changes the mood of the song into something seriously strange and spiritual that gives me tingles.

Crystal Towers, Meteor Showers Crystal Towers, Meteor Showers

Oh my god, I'm so happy I've discovered your music, it's so feel-good T_T I'm having a field day

Sleepycoaster responds:

Well you're brightening my day too! =D

Comet Carousel Comet Carousel

I know exactly how you feel. The tune between 1:59-2:26 felt like nothingness. The ending is really good though, a good ending can help you forget the bad parts.